Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love this Rockin Melon!



When I was pregnant with my little guy, I found that I often craved cantaloupe.I could have this tasty treat any time of the day, and often enjoyed it juiced from a local farmers market. 

Cantaloupe was a favorite in our household that stayed on the grocery list. Although cantaloupe satisfied my sweet tooth, I was not aware of all of the benefits that this sweet fruit offered. 


While researching I found that cantaloupe is high in folic acid, vitamins A, and C.Folic acid is necessary for our body to improve new cells as vitamin A promotes strong bones, helps our vision and  guards us against bacterial, viral, parasitic infections. Vitamin C has been proven to fight against heart disease, cancer, and cataracts. 

Wow, who would have thought that this delicious fruit that I craved carried so many nutrients. This is a great fruit for babies, and children to enjoy.I believe that this fruit is a keeper!






0 comments:

Post a Comment